Friday 5 June 2015

Plans for Rolo's quest

Did I mention the first week was -quite- productive?


The idea is : Start with a smaller project, give it a month of development as a soft limit, and see where you can get to.

And so, Rolo's Quest was what I went for. I think the image above describes what the gameplay is all about. (Keep in mind that I plan to modify the graphics that you see above, but will go more into that in a following post)

Platforms? Let's start with Android, if I can make this game run decently on my cheap android, it'll run on any device out there, haha. Current plan is Android, then PC, then IPhone, and maybe consoles but only if it gets a lot of appreciation. This is ofcourse the absolute first video game I develop, and there's lots of experience to be gained (part of the fun).

Engine of choice? Unity 3D. Absolutely fell in love with this engine the moment I laid my hands on it, and the best thing about it is, it's free, it's a godsend for beginners, and it's able to output the game for every platform that I've heard of.

No comments:

Post a Comment